Free School Meals
Free School Meals - Are you entitled?
If you have children under 19 and in full-time education, you may be able to get free school meals for them.
To be eligible for free school meals the pupil must be attending a state-maintained school or receiving alternative education approved by Kent County Council and the pupil’s family must be in receipt of one of the following benefits. You must provide the relevant proof of identity, as detailed below:
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
If your child is eligible for free school meals with an active application on the 31 March 2018, they will remain eligible until 31 March 2022.
|Parents with queries only may call 03000 415123 or email Freeschoolmeals@kent.gov.uk|